In order to enroll in this course, students must have:
- MiVoice MX-ONE Primer Self-Study
Recommended but not required:
- Voice and Data Technology Primer Self-Study
- Networking 4 VoIP (or current CCNA or CTP certification)
- SIP School – SSCA (or have passed SIP Challenge Exam)
To get the maximum benefit from this course, the student should spend some On-Job-Training time both prior to and after this course.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:Before registering for this course, it is imperative that students have a working knowledge of IP based LANs including routers, switches, DHCP, FTP and Telnet. It is equally important that students be very comfortable with PCs including network configuration and IP utilities.Please note that instructors will not spend extra time with students who do not have the necessary knowledge. Instructors may, at their discretion, dismiss students who do not meet prerequisite requirements. Should this happen, course fees will prevail and the student will not receive certification for the course.
Equipment Requirements and Setup Requirements:Given that this course is delivered remotely, students must have the following equipment:
- One telephone capable of hands-free or headset operation with mute capability. This will be used for Audio Conferencing.
- Two PCs or one PC with dual screens. One will be for the web session and the other is for ESM and documentation access.
- Three Mitel SIP Phones (68xxi series).
- One Layer 2, PoE Switch to support the IP Phones High Speed Internet connection. 2 Mbps download and 400 Kbps upload minimum recommended speeds. A Mitel/Aastra power supply for the SIP phone is also acceptable.
- Web Camera is required for the monitored exam on the last day of the course
- Equipment for class needs to be set up in a quiet environment for the best learning experience. Students must also have access rights to install software on the PC(s) for purposes of the lab environment. Notification and information regarding Teleworker IP addressing and URLs will be communicated to the student by the Instructor prior to class start date. A test procedure will be included in this information to ensure all communication requirements will be met.
- NOTE: Class enrollment will close one week before the class start date. The prerequisites must be completed before class enrollment.