MiContact Center Enterprise R. 9.5 Special Certification Remote Leader Led
This course is designed for technicians, installers, and maintainers.
The MiCC Enterprise Special certification covers fundamental tasks involved in the setup, install, and configuration of MiContact Center Enterprise TAS Functions.
In order to enroll, students must have:
- Knowledge of the basic concept of computers and/or PC´s
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Notion of SQL Data Base and Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of MX-ONE Telephony System
Installing an Configuring MiCC E TAS Functions according to fundamental tasks.
With the certification of MiCC Enterprise R. 9.5 Special Certification you are fully certified according to requirements of Mitel Partner Program.
Equipment Requirements and Setup Requirements for Remote Leader Led Training:
- One telephone capable of hands-free or headset operation with mute capability. This will be used for Audio Conferencing.
- Two PCs or one PC with dual screens. One will be for the web session and the other is for ESM and documentation access.
- Four Mitel SIP Phones (68/69xxi series) or only Softphones.
- One Layer 2, PoE Switch to support the IP Phones High Speed Internet connection. 2 Mbps download and 400 Kbps upload minimum recommended speeds. A Mitel/Aastra power supply for the SIP phone is also acceptable.
- Web Camera is required for the monitored exam on the last day of the course
Equipment for class needs to be set up in a quiet environment for the best learning experience. Students must also have access rights to install software on the PC(s) for purposes of the lab environment. Notification and information regarding Teleworker IP addressing and URLs will be communicated to the student by the Instructor prior to class start date. A test procedure will be included in this information to ensure all communication requirements will be met.
The following topics are covered during this training:
Components of TAS
- CTI Overview
- TAS Licensing
- TAS Installation
- Understand configuration on MX-ONE
- Understand TAS Configuration
- Media Message Tool
- Media ETPAPI Tool
- Special Features
- Web Callback
- Script Manager Callback
- Configuration Webservice API
- Phone Agents; Enhancements and ACD
- Open Media Connect
- Web Scheduler Portal
- Voice XML
- Session Information Service
- Mobile Applications
- Web Manager
- Social Media
- Switch Independence
- Avalanche Message
Dates on request