Hyper-V; Virtualisation Technology for Installation and Configuration Features on Windows Server 2019
With the introduction of Windows Server 2019, the virtualisation technology Hyper-V will also be renewed. These changes mainly concern:
- Better Linux support
- Enhanced Microsoft Azure support
- Improved security
- Improved cooperation of the ReFS file system with Hyper-V
Shielded VMs can now also be used on Linux.
Virtual machine configuration technology
- Enhanced processor functions
- Simultaneous multithreading
- Hibernate Mode
Technical staff from
- Enterprise networks responsible for network integration, operation and maintenance.
- Infrastructure and terminal equipment suppliers.
- Software companies and measurement suppliers responsible for development, production, quality monitoring, service and documentation.
In the course the special requirements of a virtual environment for voice communication including prioritisation will be covered.
The course covers all the important points about Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V.
- Network communication can be completely encrypted.
- Container technology: Shared use of Windows and Linux containers.
- Automatic change of passwords for service accounts.
Integrated Microsoft Azure support
- Management of hyper convergent networks in the Admin Center.
- Direct management of local servers in the Admin Center.
- Grouping of multiple clusters for Hyper-V, Hyper Converged and Storage.
- With the introduction of Hyper-V Replika, Hyper-V hosts can be replicated to each other or to Azure. The use of Storage Replika enables the replication of disks in different data centres, now already in the Standard Edition.
The Administration Center
- The improved version of the Administration Centre offers the possibility of controlling the servers in the browser. The graphical interface offers the possibility of checking the hardware remotely, also as a hybrid solution in the cloud.
- The Windows Administration Centre also offers the possibility of installing Hyper-V, making further settings, albeit in a limited form, and monitoring.
The Remote Server Administration Tool
- With the RSAT you get a remote console
ILL / RLL
The Hyper-V; Virtualisation Technology for Installation and Configuration Features on Windows Server 2019 course provides a balance of theoretical delivery and hands-on demonstrations.
Equipment Requirements for the RLL course:
- Equipment to participate in a video conference e.g. headset
- Two PCs or one PC with dual screens. One will be for the web session and the other is fdocumentation access.
Further information will be provided prior to the start of the course.
- Hardware requirements
- How does virtualisation work?
- Installation on Win2019 Server
- Storage functions
- Upgrade of an existing system
- New features
- RSAT and Hyper-V Manager for Windows
- BPA (Best Practice Analyser)
- New user interface
- Virtual Switches
- High availability
- Import/creation of virtual machines
- Configuration of virtual machines
- Virtual Desktops
- Failover scenarios
- Working with snapshots
- Approaches to Troubleshooting
- Practical exercises (labs)