TOP LOC 3001 Mitel InAttend R. 2.6 Basics Installation & Configuration
Mitel InAttend is the new Mitel Switchboard Solution, designed to replace the previous DNA-based Operator Workstation (OWS). The objective of the course is to enable Mitel Partners to install and configure the basic functions and features of Mitel InAttend.
Service technicians, system technicians, support technicians
Equipment Requirements and Setup Requirements for the RLL Training:
- One telephone capable of hands-free or headset operation with mute capability. Please use this as an alternative for Audio Conferencing.
- One PC headset for conference sound.
- Two PCs or one PC with dual screens or one PC incl. screen and one Laptop. One will be for the web session and the other is for ESM and documentation access.
- Four Mitel SIP Phones (68xxi/69xxiseries) or equivalent together with a means of powering the terminals.
- One Internet connection with a minimum bandwidth of 4 Mbps with a DHCP server that outputs local IP address information, including a local gateway and a DNS server.
- One Layer 2, PoE Switch to support the IP Phones High Speed Internet connection. 2 Mbps download and 400 Kbps upload minimum recommended speeds. A Mitel/Aastra power supply for the SIP phone is also acceptable.
- Web Camera is required for the monitored exam on the last day of the course.
Equipment for class needs to be set up in a quiet environment for the best learning experience. Students must also have access rights to install software on the PC(s) for purposes of the lab environment. Notification and information regarding Teleworker IP addressing and URLs will be communicated to the student by the Instructor prior to class start date. A test procedure will be included in this information to ensure all communication requirements will be met.
The following topics are covered during this training:
- Overview of system architecture, components and functionality
- Installation and configuration of Mitel Connectivity Server: TCA, TCS, NeTS, Queue Manager, Media Server
- Configuring queues, call flow, voice prompts, camp on behavior
- Configuring MiVoice MX-One for Mitel InAttend: SIP connection to ACS, CSTA 3 (X-Link) interface for line state information
- Installation and configuration of BluStar Server for Mitel InAttend: creating InAttend user accounts, configuration profiles, search function, connecting to Mitel CMG directory
- Microsoft Active Directory
- CSTA 3 link to MX-One
- Installation, configuration and using of Mitel InAttend Client
- Configuration of Presence Server with connection to Microsoft Exchange Server / Lync
- Integration des MiCollab Clients