TOP LOC 3002 Mitel InAttend R. 2.6 Advanced Deployment & Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Mitel InAttend is the new Mitel switchboard solution designated to replace the previous DNA-based Operator.
The objective of the course is to enable Mitel partners to effectively deploy, maintain and integrate the Mitel InAttend V2.6 switchboard solution in customer environments.
Service technicians, system engineers, support engineers, system designers
Participants must have thorough practical working knowledge as covered in the course Mitel InAttend Basics Installation & Configuration TOP LOC 3001.
The objective of the course is to enable Mitel partners to effectively deploy, maintain and integrate the new Mitel switchboard solution in customer environments.
This includes skills like:
- LDAP Integration
- Advanced operation scenarios
- Maintenance, change management
- Backup & Restore
Equipment Requirements and Setup Requirements for the RLL Training:
- One telephone capable of hands-free or headset operation with mute capability. Please use this as an alternative for Audio Conferencing.
- One PC headset for conference sound.
- Two PCs or one PC with dual screens or one PC incl. screen and one Laptop. One will be for the web session and the other is for ESM and documentation access.
- Four Mitel SIP Phones (68/69xxi series)
- One Internet connection with a minimum bandwidth of 4 Mbps with a DHCP server that outputs local IP address information, including a local gateway and a DNS server.
- One Layer 2, PoE Switch to support the IP Phones High Speed Internet connection. 2 Mbps download and 400 Kbps upload minimum recommended speeds. A Mitel/Aastra power supply for the SIP phone is also acceptable.
- Web Camera is required for the monitored exam on the last day of the course.
Equipment for class needs to be set up in a quiet environment for the best learning experience. Students must also have access rights to install software on the PC(s) for purposes of the lab environment. Notification and information regarding Teleworker IP addressing and URLs will be communicated to the student by the Instructor prior to class start date. A test procedure will be included in this information to ensure all communication requirements will be met.
- Practical case studies for using Microsoft Active Directory or other customer LDAP-based master data as directory for Mitel InAttend.
- Connecting to mutiple LDAP hosts, using LDAP filter
- Customizing Mitel LDAP server (TSLDAP), redundant operation, data import fom customer LDAP-based data bases of from CSV files(s)
- Using LDAP-MitelCMG Connector
Advanced operation scenarios
- Implementing multi-PBX and multi-sites environments
- Configuring Mitel InAttend for multiple client connections
- Configuring QOS for Mitel InAttend
- Maintenance,change management:
- Moving Mitel InAttend client connections to a new server by using a script
- Moving the Mitel InAttend configuration databases to another SQL Server
- Changing network ports used by Mitel InAttend system components
- Changing user Name and/ or password og the SQL user and Windows service account
- Monitoring of Miteland Windows services relevant for the operation of Mitel InAttend Server
- Using Mitel Update Service for updating Mitel InAttend clients
Backup & Restore
- Backup and restore of configuration settings of all Mitel InAttend server and client component
- Practical case study: disaster recorvery of Mitel InAttend Server
- Configuring logfiles, using tools and scripts for reading and collecting logfiles and relevant system information for opening support tickets.